H2O Environmental a 24-hour Spill Emergency Response, Waste Management, Industrial Cleaning (Hydro-blasting, Confined Space Entry, and Tank Cleaning), Bio Clean-ups, and Soil Remediation company is growing and looking for a Shop/Mechanic Assistant to join our team!
Shop/Mechanic Assistant is responsible for maintaining equipment by completing inspections and preventative maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping accurate records and communicating with company personnel to ensure that H2O Environmental, Inc can perform at the highest level possible for our client
- Ensures health and safety concerns are prioritized by adhering to company policy and conducting operations in a safe and professional manner.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts while ensuring cost containment measures are in place.
- Develops and maintains accurate records of repairs on all company owned and/or leased assets.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software programs associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Transports equipment to various locations as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- May be exposed to high noise levels (i.e. machinery, heavy equipment).
- May be present around non-hazardous and hazardous waste.
- Must be able to travel and schedule overnight stays approximately 15-20 days throughout the year.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
- Experience with general fleet analysis procedures, truck equipment and mechanics, safe operation and repair of heavy equipment; including mechanical, electrical and hydraulic equipment.
- Must have well-developed written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry 75 pounds
- Welding skills
- Working knowledge of regulations related to our industry
- Class A CDL with Endorsements and clean driving record
Employer participates in E-Verify
H2O provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.