H2O Environmental a 24-hour Spill Emergency Response, Waste Management, Industrial Cleaning (Hydro-blasting, Confined Space Entry, and Tank Cleaning), Bio Clean-ups, and Soil Remediation company is growing and looking for Environmental Technicians to join our team!
Environmental Technicians provide skilled labor on a wide variety of projects including emergency responses. They operate non-CDL required equipment and hand tools to assist in the completion of projects.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time
- Properly fill out all project related paperwork, job logs, and time sheets, and turn them in to their supervisor in a timely manner
- May operate equipment such as backhoe, excavator, loader, uni-loader, etc.
- Assist in loading and handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials
- Inventory and properly label hazardous waste
- Be able wear/ use Personal Protective Equipment, when required
- Clean and inspect vehicles, tools and equipment
- May operate waste cleanup and disposal equipment
- Respond and be available for on-call emergency responses and after hours’ projects.
- May be exposed to high noise levels (i.e. machinery, heavy equipment)
- May be present around non-hazardous and hazardous waste during fieldwork
- Successfully complete all required training and certifications which include: HAZWOPER, MSHA, OSHA, E-RAIL, Blood Borne Pathogens, Air Purifying Respirators, Confined Space Entry/Rescue, etc.
- Must be able to travel and schedule overnight stays approximately 20-45 days throughout the year
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid state driver’s license
- Must have a good driving record
- Must be able to read directions or use a GPS device
- Must have sufficient manual dexterity to work with the fingers and to reach/handle items
- Involves moderate to heavy physical activity
- Must be able to lift and/or carry 50 pounds or more
- Must be able to bend, twist, stretch with body/arms/legs
We are a drug free work environment requiring pre-employment and random drug testing. Subject to pre-employment background checks.
Employer participates in E-Verify.