H2O Environmental a 24-hour Spill Emergency Response, Waste Management, Industrial Cleaning (Hydro-blasting, Confined Space Entry, and Tank Cleaning), Bio Clean-ups, and Soil Remediation company is growing and looking for Environmental Technicians to join our team!
Environmental Technicians provide skilled labor on a wide variety of projects including emergency responses. They operate non-CDL required equipment and hand tools to assist in the completion of projects.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time
- Properly fill out all project related paperwork, job logs, and time sheets, and turn them in to their supervisor in a timely manner
- May operate equipment such as backhoe, excavator, loader, uni-loader, etc.
- Assist in loading and handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials
- Inventory and properly label hazardous waste
- Be able wear/use Personal Protective Equipment, when required
- Clean and inspect vehicles, tools and equipment
- May operate waste cleanup and disposal equipment
- Respond and be available for on-call emergency responses and after hours’ projects.
- May be exposed to high noise levels (i.e. machinery, heavy equipment)
- May be present around non-hazardous and hazardous waste during fieldwork
- Successfully complete all required training and certifications which include: HAZWOPER, MSHA, OSHA, E-RAIL, Blood Borne Pathogens, Air Purifying Respirators, Confined Space Entry/Rescue, etc.
- Must be able to travel and schedule overnight stays approximately 20-45 days throughout the year
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid state driver’s license
- Must have a good driving record
- Must be able to read directions or use a GPS device
- Must have sufficient manual dexterity to work with the fingers and to reach/handle items
- Involves moderate to heavy physical activity
- Must be able to lift and/or carry 50 pounds or more
- Must be able to bend, twist, stretch with body/arms/legs
We are a drug free work environment requiring pre-employment and random drug testing. Subject to pre-employment background checks.
Employer participates in E-Verify.
H2O provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.